Obesity: Etiology, Prevention and Treatment At the conclusion of this course, participants will be better able to: Understand the influence of weight bias on care of people with obesity. Understand
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be better able to:
- Understand the influence of weight bias on care of people with obesity.
- Understand the complexity of the development and treatment of obesity.
- Apply best practice approaches to prevention and treatment of pediatric obesity.
- Identify, classify and determine appropriate treatment approaches for people with obesity, including lifestyle, advanced pharmacological approaches, and bariatric surgery.
- Create treatment plans for people with obesity that include motivational interviewing, behavior modification and nutrition and physical activity plans.
- Integrate stress management and sleep hygiene into evaluation and treatment of people with obesity.
Earn up to 38.25 CME credits
April 22 (Wednesday) - December 1 (Tuesday) EST
William Black Medical Research Building
New York City, NY